Zen Bus Driving Simulator (Zen BusSim)
is a versatile indoor training system that trains bus drivers of varied skill-sets and experience. The simulator uses ‘to scale’ bus cabin with all gauges, controls, transmission systems and indicators found in a bus. The software has been specially developed to recreate the typical environment in which bus drivers operate. It takes into account the sensitive nature of the duty of a driver for whom the safety of the passengers and their comfort are of paramount importance.
The Bus Driver Simulator has three main systems - Bus Driving Training Software, Instructor Station and Driver Station. The software has been designed specially for bus simulation. The trainer/instructor controls the driver training from Instructor Station while the trainees occupy Driver Station.
Instructor Station has a monitor to display the status of all Driver Stations. It facilitates planning and exercise settings. It also allows instructor to alter environmental conditions, inject on-line faults, keep track of all driving parameters and communicate with drivers. The Instructor Station can control up to 10 Driver Stations.
The Bus Driving Simulator has a bus cut-cabin mounted on a Motion Platform that works on six Degrees of Freedom. Driving scenarios of different terrains, weather, vehicles and road conditions are projected on a 180° screen for the front and side views by a high-definition projector and LCD screens are used for rear view.
Trainees undergo exercises progressively like maintenance of fuel economy, adherence to timings and passenger safety. These well-defined and well-structured exercises transform trainees into accomplished and safe drivers. The bus driving simulator offers various driving conditions like city, hills, cross-country and snowy terrain and there are options to vary light, climate and traffic conditions.
The Bus Driver Simulator can record and replay the entire performance of each trainee and can generate different types of reports on customized parameters that can be saved and printed. The drivers can be tested in different forms and their levels of competence evaluated.
Zen Driver Aptitude Testing System (ZEN DATS™) (Optional)
ZEN DATS™ is a CSIR-approved testing system that enables to check psycho-motor reactions of driver’s reaction, recovery, vision and perception to put safe drivers on the road. The test comprises six tests−Simple Reaction Test, Complex Reaction Test, Depth Perception Test, Night Vision Test, Glare Recovery Test and Side Vision Test.
- Centralized or individual trainee control by Instructor
- One Instructor can control up to 10 Driver Stations simultaneously
- Bus cabin has all the controls, transmission system, gauges and ergonomics found in a bus
- Capable of imparting training to rookie drivers, evaluating the performance of existing drivers and
conducting refresher course
- Software includes pre-simulation, operation, maintenance, trouble shooting, self-evaluation, skill tests and performance analysis of drivers
- Drivers are geared to focus on increasing the satisfaction of passengers
- Faults can be injected on-line
- Every fault committed by trainees is displayed on the screen
- Can record faults, save, replay and print sessions for analysis
- Trains drivers on fuel economy, work schedule and passenger safety
- Provides Automatic Sessions to perform exercises in batch mode
- Assesses reactions to emergency situations
- Six DoF Motion Platform creates movements of pitch, roll sway, heave, surge and yaw to provide drivers the feeling of driving on roads
- 3D Imagery of photo-realistic terrains like demo track (like RTA bus driving demo track, city, highway, snow and cross country)
- Realistic sound simulation
- Provides real−time graphs, categorized reports and recording/replaying facilities of trainee sessions. Automatically generates reports on trainee’s performances−correct procedures, mistakes committed, time management, level of alertness, reaction assessment, overall score and assessment (Pass/Fail)
- Free camera is provided which enables Instructor to select the any angle from which he wants to see the scenario.
- Application is provided with localization facility